Pages

Cape





 Cape: My own, Sunglasses: Fossil, Purse: London Fog, Gloves: Dooney & Bourke, Boots: Bandolino, Scarf: Souvenir from Chateau de Chantilly, France

This summer I decided to sew an entire cape two weeks before I had to be back at school without a sewing machine. I succeeded, but I still have yet to finish the lining (not included in the pattern). Thankfully the weather here has been cooperating with me and I haven't needed the extra layer of fabric yet. I'm working on it though! The cape has become my favourite piece of outerwear and I've been using any excuse I can to wear it...even though my sailing coach tells me I look like Mary Poppins when I show up to practice wearing the cape (Mary Poppins wore a long black coat and a long red coat...you, sir, are incorrect).
I've also been wearing my riding boots (purchased last fall) pretty frequently, as they are actually my most comfortable pair of footwear. I'm leaving for Thanksgiving break in a few days and I'm pretty sure I'll be taking the boots with me to help me stay warm. The gloves I bought from the Dooney & Bourke outlet last April...they were about 40% off so I bought them and patiently waited until I could wear them this fall. They are soft and buttery and unusually warm for leather gloves. I'm so glad I convinced myself it was okay to buy long gloves in April!


Top: Forever 21, Skirt: H&M, Tights: Hue




My blog has recently been added to Street Fashion Blogs, which is part of one of the largest networks of blog directories on the Web. Please visit my blog's personal page to vote for my blog and comment to other blog users.
Street Fashion Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment